Housing will not be provided for attendees. These are some lodgings nearby that we recommend:
HERE is a local hotel search on Expedia for Feb 20th (early arrival day) to Feb 23rd, for a 4 person room. If you aren’t interested in early arrival, change the search to the 21st – 23rd.
HERE is an airBnB search for the same specifications (4 guests, 20th-23rd). If you aren’t interested in early arrival, change the search to the 21st – 23rd.
Best Western Storrs-Mansfield/The Inn on Storrs
Farther south, about 10 minute drive from UConn – no shuttle to campus, but there is a bus that comes to the Big Y bus stop nearby if need be! (NOTE: this bus will not run on Sundays). If you are having trouble finding it, the hotel has recently been renamed to be The Inn on Storrs. We do not know if or when they will do website/reservation updates, so make sure to check this name if the Best Western appears to be unavailable.
We have a DISCOUNTED, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BLOCK available for the nights of February 21st and 22nd at the Graduate Storrs! There are two ways to reserve with the group:
- Use this link to select your rooms. The discount group code is already applied!
- Contact the hotel directly by calling (860) 427-7888 and request the room block “UConn Kodama Taiko Individual Call In.”
- You MUST reserve by January 22nd, 2020 (1/22/2020) to receive the group rate.
- We have provided a discount, but you are responsible for all fees.
- Cots cannot be added to executive king and double queen rooms.
- You must register your car upon check-in and receive a gate key in order to park at the hotel.
Graduate Storrs will be the most convenient location for your conference lodging, located only a couple minutes’ walk to the main building. There is limited space left here.
If you have difficulties finding accommodations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breakfast will be provided the mornings of Saturday and Sunday.
Lunch forms will be sent out to registrants, and food will be provided on Saturday to those who order it! If you did not order lunch, there are many on campus places food can be purchased, including the Downtown Storrs district and the Union Street Marketplace. Food is also available at the Graduate Inn’s The Blue Oak and True Blue Tavern.
Dinner is not provided, but we recommend to check out the many restaurants in Downtown Storrs Center, as they are in close proximity to our concert hall!